Re: teleconference equipment and behavior

On Thu, 2001-12-13 at 12:55, Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:
> This is a strong plea to all of us to do our bit to make the audio in the
> teleconferences cleaner.  Today's teleconference was much more difficult
> than it could have been because of the background noise.

We have some equipment for muting folks and such at the
MIT office. The full-featured interface isn't available
remotely, but I might get an "operator" on the call
next time to help out.

> I suggest that we each give the W3C Web Ontology Group a mid-winter gift of
> one of the following:
>
> 1/ a telephone with an easy-to-use mute feature
> 2/ a headset
> 3/ a microphone baffle

I use and recommend Radio Shack's
ET-1101 900MHz Cordless Headset Phone.

see
My New Teleconference Gizmo
http://www.w3.org/1998/12/telcon-gizmo.html

for details.

I saw phone with similar features at SAM's the other
day for $20. I thought I should buy a truckload...