Re: proposal for working on the ontology language

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 15:45:39 -0600
To: Frank van Harmelen <Frank.van.Harmelen@cs.vu.nl>
CC: www-webont-wg@w3.org
Frank van Harmelen wrote:

> "Peter F. Patel-Schneider" wrote:
> >
> >                 Changes needed in DAML+OIL
> >
> > I am concerned that the group is not working on the ontology language
> > itself.  There are a number of changes that need to be done to DAML+OIL,
> > [...]
> > 1/ Semantics
> > [...]
> > 2/ Syntax
> > [...]
> > 3/ Datatypes
>
> I fully agree with this. I suggest we also add:
>
> 4/ Choice of primitives

I agree with all of the above, and I'm
happy to see that a critical mass seems to be
forming around it.

I'm interested to work on it, but since I've got my hands
nearly full with just administrative stuff, I think
I'll just track whatever email is shared with
the whole group and look forward to
the presentation at the 1st ftf.
I'm interested in weekly updates meanwhile.