"URI properties", Was: SEARCH for displayname

Lisa Dusseault wrote:

> Well, it's a little more complicated than that.  I agree most existing
> properties refer to the resource. However the spec actually says properties
> describe "the state of" the resource.  That state could include its URL
> mappings or primary mapping or current mapping.

As long as we're discussing URI mappings that have been created on a
server that complies to the BIND sppec (and this how we got here), this
is incorrect. It is very clear that the mappings are part of the state
of the collection, not of the resource they map to.

If they weren't, LOCKs with Depth: 0 on collections wouldn't work as
advertised.

Julian