SEARCH by last path segment, Was: SEARCH for displayname

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 10:21:05 +0100
To: "Wallmer, Martin" <Martin.Wallmer@softwareag.com>
Cc: 'Lisa Dusseault' <lisa@xythos.com>, www-webdav-dasl@w3.org

Wallmer, Martin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I didn't want to introduce properties to the URI. If this should be
> allowed or makes sense is a different discussion. What I want to say is:
> the last path segment logically belongs to the URI and is NOT a property
> of the resource.

Correct, so this is a separate discussion. I just wanted to clarify that
therefore the subject "SEARCH for displayname" is misleading (I just
change it).

If a client wants to search by DAV:displayname, it can easily do that
with the existing DAV:basicsearch grammar (however it should expect
resources not to have a DAV:displayname).

Regards, Julian