RE: "URI properties", Was: SEARCH for displayname

From: Lisa Dusseault <lisa@xythos.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 09:11:34 -0800
To: "'Julian Reschke'" <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Cc: "'Wallmer, Martin'" <Martin.Wallmer@softwareag.com>, <www-webdav-dasl@w3.org>

> As long as we're discussing URI mappings that have been created on a
> server that complies to the BIND sppec (and this how we got
> here), this
> is incorrect. It is very clear that the mappings are part of
> the state
> of the collection, not of the resource they map to.

Again, how is that the case?  What text makes that clear?  If it's in
the bind spec, that's not a standard yet and I don't agree with that
"clarification".

For that matter, a 'parent-path' property would be useful too.  It
would be a context-sensitive property like 'last-path-segment', but
there are many potential context-sensitive live properties.
'getcontentlength' is one of those - a dynamic resource may well
behave differently depending on what URL is used to access it.

Lisa