Re: datatyping is not needed

From: Saveen Reddy <saveenr@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 14:01:01 -0700
To: <www-webdav-dasl@w3.org>, "Jim Davis" <jdavis@parc.xerox.com>
I've been mulling over my insistance that literals be datatyped in the query
and some of the fine points Jim has raised about "famous" properties. Takign
a cue from our SQL friends , I'm believe we can remove the typing on
literals without adversely impacting the scenarios as they are currently
defined, and instead let typing reside in the QSD.

I would like to revisit the issue at some point as I do feel there are
likely & useful scenarios that can benefit this, but concede we can make a
lot of progress without jumping into it now.

-Saveen