RE: datatyping is not needed

From: Saveen Reddy (Exchange) <saveenr@Exchange.Microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 15:11:21 -0700
To: www-webdav-dasl@w3.org
Resending because of mail misconfiguration ...

I've been mulling over my insistance that literals be datatyped in the query
and some of the fine points Jim has raised about "famous" properties. Takign
a cue from our SQL friends , I'm believe we can remove the typing on
literals without adversely impacting the scenarios as they are currently
defined, and instead let typing reside in the QSD.

I would like to revisit the issue at some point as I do feel there are
likely & useful scenarios that can benefit this, but concede we can make a
lot of progress without jumping into it now.

-Saveen