Re: [scxml] sixth WD of SCXML is published

From: Greg Beauchesne <gbeauch1@jhu.edu>
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 2010 13:51:45 -0500
To: www-voice@w3.org
On 1/7/2010 9:53 AM, Jim Barnett wrote:

> Greg,
>
> On the issue of space separated data model locations in ‘namelist’, we
> have decided to leave things as they are in order to maintain
> compatibility with other specs that the Voice Browser Working Group has
> developed, such as CCXML. You can get a more flexible treatment of
> spaces by using <param> or <content> in place of ‘namelist’.

Hmm, OK. So to be clear, then, what is the actual intended effect of
"namelist"? Just shorthand for <param> with @name and @expr as the same
thing? In other words, is this:

   namelist="name1 name2 name3"

the same as this:

   <param name="name1" expr="name1" />
   <param name="name2" expr="name2" />
   <param name="name3" expr="name3" />

? Or is it shorthand for <content> only?

Also, I just noticed that in 4.1.2's description for "namelist", it says
you can't specify it at the same time as <param>/<content>, whereas in
4.1.3 it talks about what the effect is of specifying "namelist" at the
same time as <param>. This may have lead to some of my confusion as well.

-- Greg