From: www-voice-request@w3.org [mailto:www-voice-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of Greg Beauchesne
Sent: Thursday, January 07, 2010 1:52 PM
To: www-voice@w3.org
Subject: Re: [scxml] sixth WD of SCXML is published

On 1/7/2010 9:53 AM, Jim Barnett wrote:

> Greg,
>
> On the issue of space separated data model locations in 'namelist', we
> have decided to leave things as they are in order to maintain
> compatibility with other specs that the Voice Browser Working Group
has
> developed, such as CCXML. You can get a more flexible treatment of
> spaces by using <param> or <content> in place of 'namelist'.

Hmm, OK. So to be clear, then, what is the actual intended effect of
"namelist"? Just shorthand for <param> with @name and @expr as the same
thing? In other words, is this:

   namelist="name1 name2 name3"

the same as this:

   <param name="name1" expr="name1" />
   <param name="name2" expr="name2" />
   <param name="name3" expr="name3" />

? Or is it shorthand for <content> only?

Also, I just noticed that in 4.1.2's description for "namelist", it says

you can't specify it at the same time as <param>/<content>, whereas in
4.1.3 it talks about what the effect is of specifying "namelist" at the
same time as <param>. This may have lead to some of my confusion as
well.

-- Greg

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and any files attached may contain confidential and proprietary information of Alcatel-Lucent and/or its affiliated entities. Access by the intended recipient only is authorized. Any liability arising from any party acting, or refraining from acting, on any information contained in this e-mail is hereby excluded. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately, destroy the original transmission and its attachments and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium. Copyright in this e-mail and any attachments belongs to Alcatel-Lucent and/or its affiliated entities.