vxml suggestion cond on <log>

From: Jonathon Buckel <Jonathon.Buckel@uk.intervoice.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 09:33:23 +0100
To: <www-voice@w3.org>

Hi There,

I would like to request or suggest that adding a cond condition to the
<log> tag would be very useful.

During the development of an application, <log> is extremely useful in
debugging your code. But when code becomes stable, most <log> commands
become redundant.

Removing the <log> commands is one way of reducing the log output of
your application but then if a new problem surfaces, you have to put the
logging back in your code to detect the fault.

All my <log> commands have an <if> around them so that I can switch
logging on/off, so having a cond within the <log> tag would save many
lines of <if> statements.

Hoping you will consider my proposal.

Sincerely, Jonathon Buckel.