Re: Questions about CCXML and CCXML interpreter

Thanks to Ken for clarifying the current state of OpenVXI (sorry I
forgot that Vocalocity had recently acquired rights to it from ScanSoft)
and to Ségolène for providing more background on the GNU licenses.

The GPL and LGPL can be very appropriate licenses, especially for
platform-like applications such as your CCXML interpreter, Werner. The
approach that Vocalocity has announced for OpenVXI mirrors the very
successful dual-licensing approach that MySQL A.B. has taken with MySQL,
i.e., offer a no-cost version licensed under the GPL and also offer a
for-cost version including technical support under a commercial license.

Robert