Re: [Moderator Action] Patent available

On Wed, 9 Jan 2002, john brookes wrote:

> At risk of being off-topic, we represent owners of a patent for
> doing personalization of speech recognition on the web.
> Actually, there are two patents. The first includes
> personalization of the caller by storing and retrieving specific
> information at a URL location. The second deals with speaker
> verification. It is for sale.
>
> If nothing else, the relevance to this group is that it
> privatizes certain dimensions of a public web plus telephony
> plus ASR contemplated here. I would need to read more about the
> RFC (or preliminary docs) for this group.  Would a kind soul
> point me to the documents?
>
> Finally, apolgies for the (part) commercial nature of this post.
> John Brookes

Can you please provide more information about your patents, e.g.
patent numbers. For details on W3C's work on voice, see:

  http://www.w3.org/Voice

Regards,

-- Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org> or <dave.raggett@openwave.com>
W3C Visiting Fellow, see http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett
tel/fax: +44 122 586-6240 (or 7351) +44 771 213 7629 (mobile)