Re: Witch Validation Icons fot HTML5 ?

From: Philip Taylor <P.Taylor@Rhul.Ac.Uk>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2016 21:49:18 +0000
To: Serge Smeesters <serge@facegnu.org>, www-validator@w3.org

Serge Smeesters wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What about HTML5 validation ? Experimental, ok... for long time
> again?
>
> Witch Validation Icons should I use for my HTML5 pages?

None, since https://validator.w3.org/nu "is an ongoing experiment in
better HTML checking, and its behavio[u]r remains subject to change".

In other words, your page may /appear/ to validate today, but tomorrow
the validator may deem it to be in error.  Therefore rather than
claiming to be valid today only to have the validator call you a liar
tomorrow, better to make no claim as to validity at all.

Philip Taylor