Re: <fb:like-box> tags

From: Philip TAYLOR (Webmaster, Ret'd) <P.Taylor@Rhul.Ac.Uk>
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2011 22:46:58 +0100
CC: "'www-validator@w3.org'" <www-validator@w3.org>

Gijs Pheninckx wrote:

 > Is there a possibility to fix this
 > problem, because I want a clean html code ?

I am afraid you will have to make a value judgement.
You can have nice clean HTML, or you can pander to
the idiocies of Facebook, Google, Wordpress, and all of
the other mega-corporations who believe that standards
are there to be ignored.  For myself, I would prefer
good clean code : you may decide otherwise.  But one
thing is certain -- the validator cannot be "fixed"
to resolve this problem : the code is defective, there
are no HTML tags that start "<fb:" in any of the standard
DTDs, and it is the  validator's job to tell you that.

Philip Taylor