Re: <fb:like-box> tags

From: Mordechay Kaganer <mkaganer@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 15:44:36 +0300
To: www-validator@w3.org
B.H.

On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 00:46, Philip TAYLOR (Webmaster, Ret'd) <
P.Taylor@rhul.ac.uk> wrote:

> Gijs Pheninckx wrote:
>
> > Is there a possibility to fix this
> > problem, because I want a clean html code ?
>
> I am afraid you will have to make a value judgement.
> You can have nice clean HTML, or you can pander to
> the idiocies of Facebook, Google, Wordpress, and all of
> the other mega-corporations who believe that standards
> are there to be ignored.  For myself, I would prefer
> good clean code : you may decide otherwise.  But one
> thing is certain -- the validator cannot be "fixed"
> to resolve this problem : the code is defective, there
> are no HTML tags that start "<fb:" in any of the standard
> DTDs, and it is the  validator's job to tell you that.
>
> Philip Taylor

See here http://developers.facebook.com/docs/reference/fbml/ that Facebook
itself is going to deprecate the FBML. Their advice is to use a JS API
instead or you can use a simple IFRAME versions of the social plugins (where
avaliable) which do not require FBML tags and for my experience are much
quicker anyway.

--
Moshiach is coming very soon, prepare yourself!