Re: Unicorn can't see (X)HTML?

From: Gordon Edwards <gordon451@westnet.net.au>
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2011 20:43:57
To: www-validator@w3.org
Hi Philip -

I must apologise -- I didn't explain properly.

The standard validator (http://validator.w3.org/check#) worked properly IMHO.

However, the Unicorn has in the past picked up every error found by the
"standard" plus others (eg: RSS).  This time it failed utterly to check the
XHTML.  All previous times it always checked every aspect of the document.
I used to use it as a "one-stop shop" for this reason.

I also am troubled that Unicorn was able to validate a RSS feed it found in
a <link rel> while totally ignoring the rest of the document -- but that
may simply be due to my lack of familiarity with current web page technology.

So I guess the question is, has Unicorn failed, or has it been altered?

Gordon.

East Victoria Park
Western Australia