Re: EOF detected with HTML5

From: Julien ÉLIE <julien@trigofacile.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 16:28:41 +0200
To: <www-validator@w3.org>
Hi Andreas,

> I won't bother with your huge pages.
> Supply a *minimal* example if you want anybody to help you
> free of charge.

Note that I do not want anybody to help me.  I am only reporting
what I believe is a bug in the HTML5 W3C validator.

I do not have that bug with other validators.
And if I do a HTML 4.01 validation with the W3C validator, there is
no problem.  That's why I suspect something is wrong with HTML5 only.

As I told you, I do not manage to write *minimal* examples.
I do not know how I could help you more!

I manage to remove a few sentences but when I remove too many of them,
there is no validation error (and when there is no validation error,
there is no correlation with the sentence I have just deleted because
putting it again and removing another one leads to no error while
keeping both of them leads to an error -- and they are mere sentences,
without any HTML tag withing them!).

Try to validate:
    http://www.trigofacile.com/jardins/lucullus/grec/anaxagore/fragments.htm

It is sometimes valid, sometimes invalid.
I have even done a diff between the two W3C outputs (no CSS in the copy
of the result) and they are the same for the source code seen:

    http://iulius.dinauz.org/w3c/check1.htm
    http://iulius.dinauz.org/w3c/check2.htm

Has anyone ever experienced a similar behaviour?
Try to validate 10 times the page above.  Do you see 10 successes??

--
Julien ÉLIE

« -- Ouvre l'œil, et le bon !
  -- L'autre, je peux pas encore l'ouvrir, je risque pas de me tromper ! » (Astérix)