Re: EOF detected with HTML5 and NFC

From: Michael(tm) Smith <mike@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 17:51:20 +0900
To: Julien Ƭ▒LIE <julien@trigofacile.com>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org
Julien Ƭ▒LIE <julien@trigofacile.com>, 2010-04-07 18:26 +0200:

> Hi,
>
> I'm checking my web site with the new HTML 5 parser and I do not
> understand the following error on:
>
>    http://www.trigofacile.com/jardins/lucullus/grec/democrite/fragments.htm
>
>    "Line 123, Column 246: End of file seen and there were open elements."

I can reproduce that error when I use the HTML5 facet of the
http://validator.w3.org/ UI, but I can't reproduce when I validate
your document directly against the backend validator.nu instance
we have running on that host.

So... the unexpected error you're seeing appears to be caused by
some problem in the W3C validator perl code that hands off the
document for validation to the validator.nu backend, and that then
consumes the report that comes back from that backend.

I don't personally have much experience with that code, so I can't
be much help with troubleshooting it.

  --Mike

--
Michael(tm) Smith