Port of the html validator to Java

From: Jonathan Matthews <jonathan@deeptrawl.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 12:45:13 +0100
To: www-validator@w3.org
Hello,

After discussions with Ian Jacobs (thanks again Ian) I have established that
the w3 document and software license allow us to redistribute the perl source
code & DTDs etc. in our commercial software without royalty.

That get's us part way to where I want because it solves the legal issues. It
seems though that the technical issues are more than I anticipated. Ensuring
that end users have a Perl interpreter seems to be quite difficult / expensive.

Our product is implemented in Java. I'm wondering, would anyone on the html
validator team be interested in creating a Java port of the whole html
validator in exchange for a substantial donation to the project?

Regards,
Jonathan Matthews,
Deep Cognition Ltd.