Re: W3 HTML Validator and beyond : Suggestion

From: Michael A. Peters <mpeters@mac.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2009 05:06:56 -0700
To: hayk@webdivisor.com
Cc: www-validator@w3.org
hayk@webdivisor.com wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I have seen many valid websites become invalid, all because of a
> JavaScript add-on or a tangled up server side language which generates
> the HTML for you and so forth.

JavaScript should be external, but is legal inline. However if
implemented in an illegal manner, it should throw a validation error.

Server side languages output what they are programmed to output.
If the output is not valid, then the output is not valid.

> This will allow us to sift through the bloat of errors generated by
> third party scripts and concentrate on our own code which we can control.

You should control every aspect of your web page.