Inconsistency between HTML and RSS Validators

From: Dan Mahoney, System Admin <danm@prime.gushi.org>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 20:25:04 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-validator@w3.org
Hey there, I have a couple observations.

1) The HTML and CSS validators have "badge" graphics that have a look and
feel that's completely different from the RSS graphic.  They all feature a
checkmark, but the RSS one sitting next to the others seems out of place.
Could whomever has the source files for these make up a matching set for
the RSS validator?

2) Related to the above.  When viewing a valid HTML page, we are given
instructions to hotlink to the graphic.  However, when being offered a
graphic for the RSS feed, we are told to download it to our own server,
and told "this is important" but not why.  To reduce the load on the wc3
servers?  Some internal consistency of RSS feeds?  At the very least this
is a docbug.

Consistency on both the above would be appreciated.

-Dan