Re: Atom link problem - my feed URL's filter by parameters &<something>=<something>, my feeds drop dead when I plug in the url with these parameters

From: <Hanson.Michael@epamail.epa.gov>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 06:29:37 -0500
To: www-validator@w3.org
Cc: David Dorward <dorward@gmail.com>
Thanks you for replying,

The feed renders properly in both IE and Firefox when I substitute
"&amp;" for "&" in the Atom tag, however when I run it through the
validator I get an error that the Atom tag URL does not match the page
URL.  Also, the URL with &amp; substitution will not return the feed
(404-error innstead).

Thanks again for your assistance,

Mike

Michael Hanson
(202) 564-1320
Office of Executive Services
The Office of The Administrator
Environmental Protection Agency

         Re: Atom link problem - my feed URL's filter by parameters
         &<something>=<something>, my feeds drop dead when I plug in the url
         with these parameters

         David Dorward
                       to:
                          Michael Hanson
                                                           11/18/2009 05:00 AM

         Sent by:
               David Dorward <dorward@gmail.com>
         Cc:
               www-validator

On 17 Nov 2009, at 19:44, Hanson.Michael@epamail.epa.gov wrote:

> I can get IE to render the feedby substituting the &RestrictToCategory
> with &amp;RestrictToCategory.  This changes the error as the URL
> specified is no longer the same as the URL.

It is the same URL — it is just an XML representation of the URL instead
of a plain text representation of it.

What error do you actually experience? Do a range on clients fail to
parse it properly? Does the Feed Validator flag it as an error?

(Please direct responses to the www-validator list and not directly to
me. Thanks.)

--
David Dorward
http://dorward.me.uk