Re: Atom link problem - my feed URL's filter by parameters &<something>=<something>, my feeds drop dead when I plug in the url with these parameters

On 18 Nov 2009, at 11:29, Hanson.Michael@epamail.epa.gov wrote:

> Thanks you for replying,
>
> The feed renders properly in both IE and Firefox when I substitute
> "&amp;" for "&" in the Atom tag, however when I run it through the
> validator I get an error that the Atom tag URL does not match the page
> URL.

I *think* it is expecting the ~ characters to be represented as %7E.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not.

>  Also, the URL with &amp; substitution will not return the feed
> (404-error innstead).

How are you testing it? Are you entering the XML encoded URL into your browser's address bar? You have to decode it from XML first (which will change &amp; into &).

--
David Dorward
http://dorward.me.uk