Re: Support for WAI-ARIA validation...

From: Chuck Houpt <chuck@habilis.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 19:42:47 -0400
Cc: www-validator@w3.org
To: Peter Krantz <peter.krantz@gmail.com>
On Apr 8, 2009, at 5:27 PM, Peter Krantz wrote:
> 1. From a user perspective it would be nice to have a "Validate
> WAI-ARIA (experimental)" checkbox to enable validation. Another option
> would be to just add the set of DTD:s to the dropdown menu that
> already exists. What do you think?

Hi Peter,

For the ARIA-enabled beta release of Validator-SAC (a Mac port of the
validator) that Steve Faulkner and I collaborated on, we simply added
ARIA doctypes to the doctype menu. This is basically the second option
you describe under point number 1. I don't know if it is the "right"
way, but it might be useful for comparison:

http://www.paciellogroup.com/blog/?p=108

I've attached the patch (against 0.8.4), in case it is useful.

Cheers - Chuck