Re: [VE][131] Add Subject Here

From: David Dorward <david@dorward.me.uk>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 09:39:35 +0100
To: Alex Molina <alex_pap_92@hotmail.com>
CC: www-validator@w3.org

Alex Molina wrote:
> Validating the attached file
>
> Error [131]: "value of attribute "align" cannot be "absmiddle"; must
> be one of "top", "middle", "bottom", "left", "right".
Which is correct for the Doctype you are validating against.

> With Dreamweaver you can set the "align" attibute to "absbottom"
> (absolute bottom), "absmiddle" "absolute middle" "baseline" and
> "texttop" and they work at least on IE and Google Chrome
I think those are proprietary values (i.e. not even legacy), and would
consider it a bug in Dreamweaver if it is prompting you with them for a
document with a Doctype which they are incompatible with.

Besides, align attributes are obsolete given the level of support CSS
has had from browsers for the past half decade.

(Please direct responses to the mailing list and not directly to me,
thanks).

--
David Dorward
http://dorward.me.uk/