Question about the validator

From: Jan Nilsson - MuskelVerket.se <jan@muskelverket.se>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 07:29:34 +0200
To: www-validator@w3.org

Since most of my website is closed by login I use the validate by direct
input with copy'n'paste from my output. With the new Firefox 3 I got a
problem since it sends GET twice. Turned out that I missed the character
encoding. Validate by URI was pointing that out for me. How come the two
methods differ?

Example: http://muskelverket.se/LABB/
By direct input: This document was successfully checked as XHTML 1.1!
By URI: This document was Tentatively checked as XHTML 1.1 with the
warning No Character Encoding Found! Falling back to windows-1252.

Best regards,
Janne