Re: Source file name not included in the errormessage when the page is not valid

From: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 08:44:55 -0400
To: Nemes Mihály <nemes.mihaly@t-online.hu>
Cc: <www-validator@w3.org>

Hello,

On 31-Aug-08, at 5:29 AM, Nemes Mihály wrote:
>  Problem: The file name can be found in the message when the page is
> valid, but it cannot be found when the page is not valid. It would
> really help in such cases when one is validating mechanically a lot
> of files!

Could you give more details of where you are expecting the file name
to show? I just checked and could find no difference between valid and
invalid results. In both cases, for upload, the file name is given in
the title bar and under the file selection box, e.g “Use the file
selection box above if you wish to re-validate the uploaded file
index.html”

Thank you.
--
olivier