Re: [VE][47] HTML 4.01 Documents can not be validated

From: Cindy Sue Causey <butterflybytes@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 10:39:20 -0400
To: karl.riedling@tuwien.ac.at
Cc: www-validator@w3.org

On 10/9/08, Karl Riedling <karl.riedling@tuwien.ac.at> wrote:

> Error [47]: "end of document in prolog"
>
> HTML 4.01 documents that have been validated as correct can not be
> validated any more due to the above error.

Responding based solely on recognizing your error message from another
thread in the last couple of days..

Apparently this is a bug irregularly occurring right now..

>From olivier [1] :: "If that's the case, you are the victim of a
recent bug which still eludes us. In certain specific cases (which I
haven't been able to reproduce yet) the validator receives empty files
when using file upload. I hope we can get this fixed soon."

If I'm understanding correctly from another apparently related thread
[2], one hunch is that peak activity *might* be causing a problem with
how the system is issuing file names.. I *think* that is what is
meant, anyway.. :))

Have you tried again to see if it still occurring for you..? Or maybe
tried a different browser on the offchance that might help..?

Cindy Sue

[1] Re: different results
    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-validator/2008Oct/0015.html

[2] CGI.pm and private_tempfiles (Was: File Upload script dropping
uploaded_file)
    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-validator/2008Oct/0017.html

- :: -
Celebrating Olmstead * June 22, 1999