Re: "snapshot" XHTML DTD for all current modules?

From: Frank Ellermann <nobody@xyzzy.claranet.de>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 14:18:57 +0200
To: www-validator@w3.org

olivier Thereaux wrote:

> *  it is a good idea?

Hard to tell, because I don't get the idea, is that about
mixing namespaces not covered in any DOCTYPE ?  Editors
using XHTML would normally also use a DOCTYPE.

> my knowledge of modular xhtml is limited

Same here.  But I know that not all XHTML family members
use the edit-module (INS + DEL), and I'm not aware of any
member using the legacy module (= roughly the difference
between XHTML 1.0 "strict" and "transitional" before the
modularization).  You might turn up some bugs as first
user of the legacy module.  Which might be good, a few
legacy features are essential.  But most are best buried,
and I have no idea how you could arrange for say "I want
center='align', but as soon as I have that I do not need
<center>" (just an example).

 Frank