Re: checklink: problems with separators in quiet text output

From: Michael Ernst <mernst@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 08:50:23 +0200
To: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org
> Could you specify against
> which versions of the link checker files your patches and observations
> have been made?

All of my patches and observations are against the CVS version, which I
obtained via this series of commands about a week ago:

  export CVSROOT=":pserver:anonymous@dev.w3.org:/sources/public"
  # use password "anonymous" (without the quotes)
  cvs login
  cvs get perl/modules/W3C/LinkChecker

> when there is no error, I suppose the quiet
> switch should filter out all output, shouldn't it? So maybe the output
> of the URI checked should happend IFF there is an error to report?

Yes.  This is what my patch does.

> Unfortunately it looks like MUAs garbled the patch ...
> Could you re-send as attachment rather than inline?

I've attached all three patches.

                    -Michael Ernst