Re: checklink: problems with separators in quiet text output

hi Michael,

Thanks a lot for your feedback and patch. Could you specify against
which versions of the link checker files your patches and observations
have been made?

On 29-Jun-08, at 2:10 PM, Michael Ernst wrote:
> 1. checklink omits the "processing http://foo.com/my/webpage.html"
> output,
> so the output gives no indication of which page the errors are on.

Right. Note however that when there is no error, I suppose the quiet
switch should filter out all output, shouldn't it? So maybe the output
of the URI checked should happend IFF there is an error to report?

> 2. checklink isn't actually quiet:  it always prints the
> "----------------------------------------" separator even if there
> is no
> other output.  This makes it hard to scan the output looking for
> problems,
> especially if very many pages are being processed.

Indeed.

> The below patch corrects the problems.

Unfortunately it looks like MUAs garbled the patch and made it rather
unusable (patch -u complains of malformed patch format). Could you re-
send as attachment rather than inline?

Thank you
--
olivier