Re: [VE][76] This message is preceded by nine useless messages

On 7/1/08, olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org> wrote:

> This is indeed a usability issue, that comes from the underlying
> parser, opensp.
>
> I would love an option to filter out unknown attribute errors for an
> unknown element. I'd make it a default, actually: if <foo> is unknown,
> then of course for <foo bar="quz" ...> bar will be an unknown
> attribute and quz an illegal attribute value - but it's useless info.
>
> Openjade folks, is this something that has been considered before?
> Would it be hard to implement?

Just wondering out loud if there might be some way that they can be
subdued the way warnings are for the CSS Validation Service..

If I'm understanding correctly where this lays, I've personally used
what otherwise may appear useless as tips to track down the occasional
extra elusive reported error in my own [coding]..

Cindy :)

- :: -
Celebrating Olmstead ♥ June 22, 1999

CindySueCausey.blogspot.com