Re: AUTOCOMPLETE=off is now a valid tag for input tags

David Dorward wrote:
> On 16 Jan 2008, at 03:35, ryan wrote:
>
>> Validating  http://www.HomeSweetFurniture.com has no attribute Line
>> 116, Column 65: there is no attribute "AUTOCOMPLETE".
>
> Valid means "Is defined in the DTD you reference with your Doctype"
> not "Some browsers support it".

I wonder what ryan meant with the Subject line. Maybe it was supposed to
rephrase the error message, but "not" was turned to "now".

Anyway, I just modified my "tag soup DTD" to allow the autocomplete
attribute for <form> and <input> elements. See
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/html/own-dtd.html
If you use that DTD, you won't be able to use the W3C validator, though,
due to its restrictions. It could be made to digestible by the W3C
validator by removing some elements that you won't be using.

Jukka K. Korpela ("Yucca")
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/