Re: AUTOCOMPLETE=off is now a valid tag for input tags

On Jan 17, 2008, at 22:52 , Jukka K. Korpela wrote:
> Anyway, I just modified my "tag soup DTD" to allow the autocomplete
> attribute for <form> and <input> elements. See
> http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/html/own-dtd.html
> If you use that DTD, you won't be able to use the W3C validator,
> though,
> due to its restrictions. It could be made to digestible by the W3C
> validator by removing some elements that you won't be using.

I would recommend accompanying any suggestion to "roll one's own"
custom DTD with a strong warning that while it may help "validate", it
is a venture into the realm of nonstandard, nevertheless. Custom DTDs
are fun and fine if used by people who know what they're doing, but in
the hands of the everyday web author, it does more harm than good to
the quality and iteroperability of the Web.

Thanks,
--
olivier