Re: SGML-Parser-OpenSP module

From: Nikita The Spider The Spider <nikitathespider@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 13:35:25 -0400
To: "Allan Smith" <webmanager@telfordsteamrailway.co.uk>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org

On 9/22/07, Allan Smith <webmanager@telfordsteamrailway.co.uk> wrote:

> Possibly trying to use wrong
> SGML-Parser-OpenSP module
>
> The one in the "... packed  ready-to-install <a
> href="http://www.myhpi.de/~dtibbe/download/ppm.zip">in a single
> zip-file</a>, (courtesy of the guide's author)." Is version
> SGML-Parser-OpenSP version 0.99

Hi Allan,
I've never installed the validator on Windows, but OpenSP 0.99 is
quite old and the results of validating with that will be less
valuable than validating with the current version. Installing OpenSP
and the W3's validator yourself is a little more time-consuming,  but
worth the effort.

You can download OpenSp from here:

In my install I see a file called "build-win32.bat" that looks like it
might be helpful to you.

And here's the validator source:
http://validator.w3.org/source/

Good luck!