Re: Install Validator on XP/IIS - partial success

From: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 13:35:02 +0900
Cc: www-validator Community <www-validator@w3.org>
To: Allan Smith <webmanager@telfordsteamrailway.co.uk>

Hi Allan,

On Sep 18, 2007, at 21:55 , Allan Smith wrote:
> Because validator is not in its own server I have changed any
> Href references where the folder is specified without a filename - ie
> assuming the server will supply the default index.html - to include
> 'index.php'

Nice, using php is not a bad idea here indeed.

> Some problems with not having followed the pm install - so did that
> The instructions call for "Encode, Encode::HanExtra and Encode::JIS2K"
> Pms to be installed
> They were not in the "... packed  ready-to-install <a
> href="http://www.myhpi.de/~dtibbe/download/ppm.zip">in a single
> zip-file</a>, (courtesy of the guide's author)."
> As indicated in http://validator.w3.org/docs/install_win.html

Good point, these have only been required in recent releases, and we
didn't check with David whether he had added the new modules to his zip.

> I still need to install and cannot find the PM for Encode-Jis2k
> For MSWin32-x86 multi thread
>
> Can anyone help out here please

http://search.cpan.org/dist/Encode-JIS2K/
should have what you need, although I'm not entirely sure how perl
modules work on windows.

If that doesn't work, the alternative is to edit check.pl and comment
out (with a # before the given line) the line requiring
Encode::JIS2K. The validator would still work, you'd only lose
support for some Japanese encodings.

HTH,
--
olivier