Re: Install Validator on XP/IIS - partial success

From: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 13:35:02 +0900
Cc: www-validator Community <www-validator@w3.org>
To: Allan Smith <webmanager@telfordsteamrailway.co.uk>

Hi Allan,

On Sep 18, 2007, at 21:55 , Allan Smith wrote:
> Because validator is not in its own server I have changed any
> Href references where the folder is specified without a filename - ie
> assuming the server will supply the default index.html - to include
> 'index.php'

Nice, using php is not a bad idea here indeed.

> Some problems with not having followed the pm install - so did that
> The instructions call for "Encode, Encode::HanExtra and Encode::JIS2K"
> Pms to be installed
> They were not in the "... packed  ready-to-install <a
> href="http://www.myhpi.de/~dtibbe/download/ppm.zip">in a single
> zip-file</a>, (courtesy of the guide's author)."
> As indicated in http://validator.w3.org/docs/install_win.html

Good point, these have only been required in recent releases, and we
didn't check with David whether he had added the new modules to his zip.

> I still need to install and cannot find the PM for Encode-Jis2k
> For MSWin32-x86 multi thread
> Can anyone help out here please

should have what you need, although I'm not entirely sure how perl
modules work on windows.

If that doesn't work, the alternative is to edit check.pl and comment
out (with a # before the given line) the line requiring
Encode::JIS2K. The validator would still work, you'd only lose
support for some Japanese encodings.