Re: Why does my page that previously validated not validate now NO Changes were made

From: Benjamin Niemann <pink@odahoda.de>
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 19:22:06 +0200
To: www-validator@w3.org

Hello,

Marie Haggerty wrote:

> Why does my page that previously validated not validate now NO Changes
> were made.
> It's been a year or so since I used the validator have the rules
> changed?
> I don't like the messages they don't give any useful info.
> Thanks,
> I really try to make things standards compliant so I need help in
> deciphering these error messages.

The problem is that in two places there is no space between two attributes.
This is allowed in SGML, but not in XML (and this XHTML). That this error
was not reported before, was a bug in the previous versions of the
validator. So the rules have not changed, the validator just got better.

Add the spaces and the other error should disappear as well.

I agree that the error messages are really not very useful...

HTH

--
Benjamin Niemann
Email: pink at odahoda dot de