[Bug] "HTML 4.01 Strict" doctype check

From: Goulven Guillard <lecotegougdelaforce@free.fr>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 20:08:54 +0100
To: www-validator@w3.org

Hi,

Sorry for posting here, but I don't want to register for the only (I
think & hope) bug I will track on w3c (since I am just trying to make my
first homepage...), which moreover should be quite easy to correct and
should not need any feedback.

So, here it is : when validating a strict html 4.01 webpage with the
validator "doctype" field set to "autodetect", the validation works
fine. However, when trying to validate the same webpage with this field
set to "HTML 4.01 Strict", you get a "doctype overwrite" issue :

------------------------------- 8< ----------------------------------
DOCTYPE Override in effect!
The detected DOCTYPE Declaration "<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD
HTML 4.01//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">" has been
suppressed and the DOCTYPE for "HTML 4.01 Strict" inserted instead, but
even if no errors are shown below the document will not be Valid until
you update it to reflect this new DOCTYPE.

That's all. :-)

Regards.

--
    ~~
   |Oo|   La banquise fond !!! Adoptez un pingouin...
  /|\/|\
   |__|		=> http://www.whylinuxisbetter.net/index_fr.php
   ^__^		=> http://www.ubuntu-fr.org/