Re: [Bug] "HTML 4.01 Strict" doctype check

Bonjour Goulven,
(please reply to the mailing-list, not just me - thank you)

On Nov 7, 2007, at 14:08 , Goulven Guillard wrote:
> So, here it is : when validating a strict html 4.01 webpage with the
> validator "doctype" field set to "autodetect", the validation works
> fine. However, when trying to validate the same webpage with this
> field
> set to "HTML 4.01 Strict", you get a "doctype overwrite" issue

I don't think there is any issue. This is the expected and documented
behavior when you use doctype override:
http://validator.w3.org/docs/users.html#Options

Is there anything in the behavior or documentation that you would not
expect and/or would suggest to be clarified or changed?

--
olivier Thereaux - W3C - http://www.w3.org/People/olivier/
W3C Open Source Software: http://www.w3.org/Status