Re: Problems with offline validator

Hello,

I get this error:
Sorry, I am unable to validate this document because on line 15, 26, 37, 59, 67, 75,
98, 106, 114, 175 it contained one or more bytes that I cannot interpret as utf-8 (in
other words, the bytes found are not valid values in the specified Character
Encoding). Please check both the content of the file and the character encoding
indication.

In line 15, 26, 37, 59, 67, 75, 98, 106, 114, 175 there are ä,ö,ü or ß. I installed version
0.7.4. I run the validator with the xampp package under windows.

Apache-Version:
Apache/2.2.4 (Win32) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.4 OpenSSL/0.9.8d mod_autoindex_color
PHP/5.2.1

I installed it with the manual found on your site.
After changing ä,ö,ü ß to ä or ae the validator works fine. So I don't know
wheres the problem.

Charset definition in the html document looks like:

I hope you can help me,

greetings Rman