Re: Problems with offline validator

From: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 06:56:16 +0900
Cc: "www-validator@w3.org" <www-validator@w3.org>
To: romanreibnagel@kfs.at

Hello, Roman.
(please copy the mailing-list in your reply)

On Jun 22, 2007, at 21:23 , romanreibnagel@kfs.at wrote:
> I've got a problem. I've installed the validator on my apache.

Do you remember which version you installed?
Can you tell us a little more about what system you installed it on?

> The problem is, that I can only validate sites in UTF-8 standard.
> If there is an other character like ,, I get an error.

What error are you getting?

> But
> with the online version from the validator everything is oke. So
> what can I do? Do I have to
> install an additional Perl package?

Hard to tell at this point. If you answer the questions above it may
be easier to diagnose the actual causes of the problem.

olivier Thereaux - W3C - http://www.w3.org/People/olivier/
W3C Open Source Software: http://www.w3.org/Status