Re: Browser Support for XHTML Strict

From: David Dorward <david@dorward.me.uk>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 16:31:51 +0100
Cc: <www-validator@w3.org>
To: Jason Collins <squee1945@hotmail.com>

On 19 Jun 2007, at 04:49, Jason Collins wrote:
> What browser versions support XHTML Strict. My site (http://
> www.landjob.com) is targeted at XHTML Transitional (though the
> validator is helpfully telling me Iíve got a couple of issues); Iím
> wondering if there are browser rendering optimizations under XHTML
> Strict. I donít want to walk away from too many browser clients
> though!

The same as which supports XHTML 1.0 Transitional - Safari, Opera,
Firefox, Konqueror and browsers based on those engines (along with
some others which don't have significant marketshare). Internet
Explorer doesn't support any version of XHTML.

(Note that I'm talking about XHTML, not XHTML claiming to be text/
html and thus being treated as broken HTML)

This isn't the right mailing list for this sort of question though.
You'd probably be better using WebDesign-L instead (Google can find it).

--
David Dorward
http://dorward.me.uk/