Re: 403 Access Forbidden

From: David Dorward <david@dorward.me.uk>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 16:42:27 +0100
Cc: www-validator@w3.org, Call494576@cmsweb.ucs.ed.ac.uk
To: <A.Wilson@ed.ac.uk>

On 19 Jun 2007, at 16:01, Arthur Wilson wrote:
>> I am not sure how these two relate. Are you trying to block
>> all IPs except those of the validator? These tend to change
>> when we have new/ changed servers, in any case...

> My web site admin person says "I have added an IP that resolve to the
> validator address to the list of allowed addresses - if the
> validator has
> multiple addresses though, we will need to add these as well."

It sounds like you are trying to block access to other machines (as
Olivier suggested). Since, as he also mentioned, these sometimes
change, you might be better installing the validator on your local
network and using that instance (where the ip address is under your
control).

http://validator.w3.org/docs/install.html

--
David Dorward