Re: Support of Charcter encoding BIG5-HKSCS was disappear.

From: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 07:32:58 +0900
Cc: <www-validator@w3.org>
To: Franklin Tse <peaceable_whale@hotmail.com>

Dear Franklin,

On Jul 15, 2007, at 14:15 , Franklin Tse wrote:
> Does anybody know why Big5-HKSCS support was removed? And, will
> that be supported again in the future release of the Markup
> Validation Service?

I suspect that someone who worked on that part of the code did not
notice that the Big5-HKSCS could be supported with the inclusion of
an extra perl module.
http://search.cpan.org/dist/Encode-HanExtra/
(Or, possibly, that module did not support Big5-HKSCS at the time).
Regardless, it appears that the validator can support this encoding.

Would it be possible for you to give the address of an online HTML
document using that charset? I believe it can be supported by the
validator, but would rather test before including it in the code base.

Thanks.

olivier
--
olivier Thereaux - W3C - http://www.w3.org/People/olivier/