LogValidator talks to HTML Validator?

From: Elliotte Harold <elharo@metalab.unc.edu>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 16:44:47 -0500
To: www-validator@w3.org

I'm having installing LogValidator on Mac OS X. While scanning the
config files and trying to figure out what's going on, I noticed that it
seems like LogValidator connects over the net to the W3C validation
service? Is that true? It's a little surprising if so.

Is there a fully local version of HTML Validator I could install that
doesn't require sending potentially sensitive Intranet pages to a third
party?  Or am I just misreading the config file options?

Java I/O 2nd Edition Just Published!