Re: LogValidator talks to HTML Validator?

From: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 11:09:11 +0900
Cc: www-validator@w3.org
To: Elliotte Harold <elharo@metalab.unc.edu>

Hello Elliotte,

Thank you for trying the LogValidator, and thank you for your message.

On Jan 31, 2007, at 06:44 , Elliotte Harold wrote:
> I'm having installing LogValidator on Mac OS X. While scanning the
> config files and trying to figure out what's going on, I noticed
> that it seems like LogValidator connects over the net to the W3C
> validation service? Is that true? It's a little surprising if so.

Yes, the log validator uses several online services by default,
including the Markup and CSS validators at W3C.

> Is there a fully local version of HTML Validator I could install
> that doesn't require sending potentially sensitive Intranet pages
> to a third party?

Sure. See: http://validator.w3.org/docs/install

If you have further questions or suggestions, please feel free to
send them in. Your thoughts on the logvalidator would also help us
improve it.

Thank you.