Re: Academic papers about the W3C Validator (or online validators in general)?

From: Jukka K. Korpela <jkorpela@cs.tut.fi>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 17:30:42 +0200 (EET)
To: www-validator <www-validator@w3.org>

On Tue, 30 Jan 2007, Henri Sivonen wrote:

> Has the W3C Validator (or other online validators for that matter) been
> presented in journal articles or in conference proceedings?

Using http://scholar.google.com using the keywords
markup validator
I found, among other things,
"An Experimental Study on Validation Problems with Existing HTML Webpages"
which seems to have appeared in conference proceedings. I'm not sure
whether it suits your purposes since it's about experiences rather than a
presentation of a validator as such. But using some different searches
(e.g., "w3c validator"), you might some other citeable articles via