Re: Academic papers about the W3C Validator (or online validators in general)?

From: Jukka K. Korpela <jkorpela@cs.tut.fi>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 17:30:42 +0200 (EET)
To: www-validator <www-validator@w3.org>

On Tue, 30 Jan 2007, Henri Sivonen wrote:

> Has the W3C Validator (or other online validators for that matter) been
> presented in journal articles or in conference proceedings?

Using http://scholar.google.com using the keywords
markup validator
I found, among other things,
"An Experimental Study on Validation Problems with Existing HTML Webpages"
http://www.cs.ust.hk/faculty/shen/100.pdf
which seems to have appeared in conference proceedings. I'm not sure
whether it suits your purposes since it's about experiences rather than a
presentation of a validator as such. But using some different searches
(e.g., "w3c validator"), you might some other citeable articles via
scholar.google.com.