Re: Cyclic redirect breaks Konquerors 'Validate HTML'

From: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 11:41:17 +0900
Cc: Benjamin Niemann <pink@odahoda.de>, www-validator Community <www-validator@w3.org>
To: Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta@iki.fi>

On Jan 24, 2007, at 06:30 , Ville Skyttä wrote:
> Anyway, found one thing that could cause it in the new version and
> submitted a
> patch upstream: http://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=24479
>
> Olivier, if you feel like it, patching CGI.pm with the patch
> attached to the
> rt.cpan.org report could be worth trying out.  To me it looks safe
> and "obviously correct", but I'm biased ;)

Patch looks good, I haven't tested it but it looks like it obviously
does the job.

I'd like to wait a bit to hear from CGI.pm maintainers, if they agree
name_and_path_from_env should indeed disregard query string, or if
it's just that the routine is ill-named (should be
name_and_path_and_query_from_env? :) ).

--
olivier