Re: Doesn't validate online, but pasted View Source does

From: Michael Adams <linux_mike@paradise.net.nz>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 05:43:35 +1300
To: www-validator@w3.org

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 13:19:15 +0000
Mark Rae wrote:

> [...]

Not at all, as Jukka said:
 * Your web server is optionally sending out a different page based on
info it recieves from the browser.
 * It treats the validator as a browser when it recieves the request.
 * One of the scripting options of your server bypasses the bit of code
with the meta tag in it. It never gets sent from your server to the
validator.

Look for an "if" statement in the code which generates the head for the
page.

--
Michael

All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall
be well

 - Julian of Norwich 1342 - 1416