Re: QA & A11y question: new w3c validator interface

From: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 10:20:54 +0900
Cc: Gez Lemon <gez.lemon@gmail.com>, "Gregory J. Rosmaita" <oedipus@hicom.net>, wai-xtech@w3.org, www-validator Community <www-validator@w3.org>
To: Patrick H.Lauke <redux@splintered.co.uk>

Hi Patrick, all.

On Aug 24, 2007, at 03:19 , Patrick H. Lauke wrote:
> I'm a relative novice to mootools myself, but from what I can see
> in the documentation, slideIn/slideOut accept all Fx.Base options.
>
> http://docs.mootools.net/Effects/Fx-Base.js#Fx.Base
>
> As part of those, you can set functions for onStart and onComplete.
> I'd say that these could be used to basically keep the current
> effect, but toggle another function that flips the display from
> none to block as part of the onStart of slideOut, and switches
> display back to none for the slideIn...

Thanks for the research. It helps, and your experimentation with
http://www.splintered.co.uk/experiments/archives/mootools_slidein/
helped a lot as well.

I think I managed to integrate your changes into w3c-validator.js
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-validator-cvs/2007Aug/0144.html

The result can be tested at e.g:
http://qa-dev.w3.org/wmvs/HEAD/
and as far as I can tell (by testing with the Opera browser and
comparing to the current production validator) the fix worked.

Would appreciate further testing, and this change will make it to
0.8.2, within perhaps a week or two.

Thanks to all.
--
olivier